Q&A with author Layla Stone
1. Are there any secrets from the book, you can share with your readers?
2. Can you share a snippet that isn’t in the blurb or excerpt?
Shine inhaled slowly and then snorted out. Nara’s insides curled. She couldn’t take this. “Hey, knock that off.”
Shine turned. “Knock what off?”
“Your breathing.” How did he not realize how annoying he was?
“You want me to stop breathing?”
“I want you to stop breathing the way you breathe.” After she’d said that, she saw his face and knew he wasn’t getting it. Clarifying, she said, “You inhale slowly and then snort. Seriously, did you not know you do that?”
Shine narrowed his eyes. “I don’t do that.”
“Oh, yes, you do.”
Nara had never felt so victorious in her life because, instantly, his breathing changed. She could tell that he was trying to control it.
Reveling in her moment, she leaned back in her seat and touched the window screens, activating them to show the outside. It was interactive, so it showed what each building was and offered an option for more information.
The planet was ugly, and so were the buildings. All of them were made of dark-colored metal, rusted or decayed from all the acidic rain. The only vibrant colors came from the shop signs and advertising pods that blinked in the air.
The planet badly needed a makeover, which was why she hadn’t hesitated to come all the way to do it herself. She should have known better.
Shine did that annoying breathing thing again. She cringed. “You’re doing it again.”
3. Does one of the main characters hold a special place in your heart? If so, why?
4. What do you hope your readers take away from this book?
5. Can you give us some insight into what makes the hero tick?
6. What were the key challenges you faced when writing this book?
7. What was the highlight of writing this book?