As I was working on editing Sophomore Year, a bunch of random ish came to my head about the series. Lucky for me, I have a blog space to get those random thoughts out and into the universe. ;)
1. Alexis's taste in music is definitely, without a doubt, all me. Like can't even front. The Twerk Tape does exist! (On Songza...best workout playlist evaaa.)
2. Speaking of her, I almost changed her name 3/4 of the way through Freshman Year because it was too close to my name, Alexandra.
3. Speaking of things being too close to me,#Bae still asks me to this day if he'll read it and feel like dude in The Best Man (yes when the bathroom changed colors because he realized what Harper did lol). The answer is no. This is not my story. Yes, my experiences as a college student helped shape the book (parties in the union, drinking, etc.) but this is NOT my story.
4. I do not promote underage drinking. I was not an underage drinker. But it is what happens in college. So..yeah...lol
5. It was sooooo hard to write about a girl with parental issues because I feel like I have the best parents in the whole entire world. Like not even joking, they're sooo tight. Shoutout to Tom and Aileen.
6. The character Grandmama definitely resembles my Grandma aka Big Mama. Seriously, my grandma stays roastin' people. Lol
7. I've only been to LA once. Been to Cali 3 times. Google Maps is a Godsend. Lol
8. I really wish Sophomore Year had a complete playlist. My bad ya'll.
9. The cover art for both books is me. Indie Author Budget (aka no budget) at its finest lol. (Sidenote: If you look really close at Sophomore Year's cover, you can see my uneven calf muscles from when I tore my Achilles a year and a half ago)
10. Overall, my college experience was legit epic. Proud University of Nebraska Alum! (My degree is in Education and Human Sciences if you were curious lol)
Now that you have all of this useless information, check out Attractions & Distractions: Freshman Year on Amazon now and Sophomore Year March 1st!
Soooo....if all goes right in the world (pray for me ya'll lol), Attractions & Distractions: Sophomore Year will be available on Amazon this time next week! But for now, a little teaser. :)
Your favorite college kids are back.
Sophomore year is still a growing year, especially when it comes to Alexis and relationships. When unexpected circumstances put her under the same roof as Jaden for the school year, she’ll be forced to deal with new attractions and distractions coming her way.
But do you really ever forget your first?
(For the full story, I highly encourage you to check out Attractions & Distractions: Freshman Year first! )
I wish I could put this out like...yesterday! But, I don't want you all to judge me for my grammar errors so editing has to happen first ;/. Until then, enjoy this sample!
Coming March 2015!
I needed her. It had been far too long since the last time we made love. The way our bodies meshed together creating peak after peak of ecstasy was something my body continued to crave and I didn’t plan on going the rest of my life without feeling that again.
I didn’t think twice before I slipped out of bed, letting my feet gently dig into the plush carpet softening the sound of my landing. Opening the door was easy, but closing it would’ve caused too much noise so I left it cracked. I made my way down the stairs as best as my alcohol-induced state allowed me to. I rounded the corner, in hot pursuit of the door leading to the basement. But was stopped dead in my tracks by a familiar voice.
“Little brother, what the hell are you….aww damn.” I didn’t have to say anything for Jordan to catch on to what was happening. He took a deep sigh before he continued his interrogation, “Come on now man. Your girl is literally upstairs sleeping and you're creeping down to the basement? What has gotten into you?” No answer that came to mind sounded the least bit logical. I was clearly trippin’.
Damn vodka shots.
“I don’t get ya’ll man. Ya’ll be checkin’ for each other all day, but entertaining other people. You have a girlfriend literally in the same house, but you're sneaking around in hopes of getting some from her. That shit makes no sense.” She and I had never made any sense. When we did make sense, we were in love, but that was short-lived. It was clear she no longer felt that way.
If she ever felt that way…
“Little brother, are you listening to me? You are fuckin’ up...badly. Get it together.” Jordan was right. I was definitely fuckin’ up. On so many levels. The task of resisting her magnetic pull over me had grew to new heights. And she hadn’t even done anything for me to be that damn attracted to her. In fact, she did everything for me to be the least bit attracted to her. So why wasn’t I taking the bait? Cause I was a fool in love. Even still. But things would have to change for the sake of my sanity.
“You're right bro. I don’t know what got into me besides all that vodka I had.”
“Well you better stop lettin’ vodka write checks ya ass can’t cash.”
If you haven't checked out Attractions & Distractions: Freshman Year yet, here's the link!
So remember that author bio I told ya'll I had to write? Well, here's where it is featured! Special thanks to Sheena Binkley for having me as one of her three authors. Check out the blog post (linked below) as well as her books!
Writing Process Blog Hop.
I'll be featuring 3 authors on March 7th so be sure to check back!
Recently, I was given the task of writing an author bio. You would think that would be a simple assignment; we know ourselves best right? But no. So hard. Sooooo hard. So instead of writing a bio right here, right now, I'll just leave this video. You can learn quite a bit about me from watching this little nugget of randomness because well...that's who I am. :)
Tuesdays are wonderful! What's especially wonderful about this particular Tuesday is that the book is available for purchase!
Check it out here!
Happy Sample Sunday!
Here's a little somethin' somethin' from my first book, Attractions & Distractions: Freshman Year, now available on Amazon!
I shrugged off the sheet that was covering me to reveal that I was only in my bra and panties. Not by choice, but I couldn’t find any clothes to put on over it fast enough so I had given up. He licked his lips as he ogled me from head to toe. I felt so sexy under his gaze. He always made me feel sexy. He dropped the pajama pants he was wearing and pulled off his t-shirt, leaving him in only boxer briefs that clung to his muscular thighs. Then, he climbed into bed next to me.
At first we just laid there, parallel to each other. Then he rolled onto his side so he could actually see me again.
“Lexi…” he whispered my name, stroking my arm ever so gently. Even that innocent ass motion had me fired up.
“You were already the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. But this...my goodness.” I could only hear him; couldn’t see him because I didn’t have the energy to turn my head. He then placed a kiss on my shoulder blade, softly. And another one to my neck, softly. Then another on my cheek, softly. His eyes finally met my only partially opened ones. He was looking for a sign. A green light. So I licked my lips.
I pretty much just wanna jig all day because I'm so excited BUT I thought I should probably share that my first book, Attractions & Distractions : Freshman Year , is available for purchase on Amazon!
Check out a Sample (literally 10%, thanks Amazon) and hopefully it's enough for you to want more!